Click on the DONATE button to support the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum’s education programs and services that inspire and enhance the Chesapeake experience for our guests.
The Annual Fund
Annual Fund dollars support the Museum’s education programs and seasonal festivals, restoration programs, and special events. Whether it’s to help restore a historic vessel like theEdna E. Lockwood, or supply varnish for the hull of a newly crafted skiff as part of the Apprentice for a Day program, your donation to the Annual Fund goes to work right away. A full 100% of these funds go directly into programs and services that enhance the Chesapeake experience for the Museum’s members and guests.Thank you for helping us introduce and impact more people to the history, heritage, wonder and challenges of the Chesapeake Bay!
|Crew||up to $99||Vice Admiral||$2,500 to $4,99|
|Sailing Master||$100 to $249||Admiral||$5,000 to $9,999|
|Commander||$250 to $499||Admiral of the Fleet||$10,000 to $24,999|
|Captain||$500 to $999||Admiral of the Chesapeake||$25,000 to $49,000|
|Commodore||$1,000 to $2,499||Admiral of the Sea||$50,000 and up|
For more information on the Museum’s Annual Fund, please contact: René Stevenson, Vice President of Constituent Services at 410-745-4950 or email email@example.com
Making a gift of stock to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum is easy. Just inform your broker of your intention to make a gift, have him or her give the Museum a call, and the Museum handles the rest! For more information, please contact: René Stevenson, Vice President of Constituent Services at 410-745-4950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum is honored to receive memorial gifts for both Museum members and non-members. The Museum accepts memorial gifts in the form of checks, credit cards or gifts of stock. When making your memorial gift, please note the name of the individual you wish to honor and make your gift payable to:
Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
Navy Point, PO Box 636
St. Michaels, MD 21633
For more information, please contact: René Stevenson, Vice President of Constituent Services at 410-745-4950 or email email@example.com
The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum will not sell, trade or share your personal information with anyone else. We will not send you mail on behalf of another organization. The Museum will only share personal information once the donor has given the charity specific permission to do so. If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please contact Rene Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-745-4950.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeing donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.