The brick Dodson House, named for longtime owner hotelier Richard Stearns Dodson and his son, State Senator Richard Slicer Dodson, was built sometime between 1851 and 1861. In 1886, Dodson expanded the house, added the triple deck porch, and began renting it out to summer visitors in St. Michaels. The house was rehabilitated in 2003 for Museum administrative offices. Read more about Dodson House here.