Edmeé S., originally named Cecelia Mae, was built in the early 1930s by Oliver Duke of Royal Oak, Maryland, who built several other racing log canoes in the 1930s and 1940s. The vessel was raced only a few times and was later used as a boatyard workboat. In 1980, new owner William Combs returned the log canoe to racing condition and renamed it for his wife, Edmeé Schaefer Combs.
Built: c. 1934, Royal Oak, Md., by Oliver Duke
Length: 31 ft., 7 in. (9.63 m)
Beam: 7 ft., 7 in. (2.31 m)
Edmee S., log canoe, c. 1934. Collection of the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St. Michaels, MD. Gift of William Combs. 1980.