Built between 1851 and 1861 with an earlier kitchen wing that was moved to the site, the Higgins House is named for its last owner before it was acquired for the Museum. The double porch with sawn baluster and bargeboard ornaments was added in 1886 when the house was owned by Richard Stearns Dodson and used for summer vacation rentals. Read more about Higgins House here.