The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum is hiring a Director of Marketing & Communications. This is a senior leadership role, with primary responsibility for strengthening both institutional and programmatic communications for CBMM. The Director works closely with CBMM leadership to formulate comprehensive communications strategies to advance CBMM’s mission among both internal and external groups. Oversee, conduct, and execute activities to advance communications as a strategic element in the organization and to promote its mission. The Director advances CBMM’s public profile by communicating the mission, programs, events and achievements to targeted constituencies through effective and measurable communications strategies. This position works closely with all departments to identify new communications opportunities and ensure new initiatives are on target. The Director will lead the marketing and communications team and any consultants or agencies that support CBMM’s marketing and communications function.
- Using market research and data analytics to direct overall market positioning and evaluating our success in achieving organizational membership, program and constituent strategic goals as established by the institution.
- Develop a global marketing and communications strategy for CBMM constituencies of each department, create individual departmental marketing campaigns and provide resources to help them achieve strategic goals, ensure cross-departmental resource sharing; Coach and monitor department-specific content to ensure that it is in alignment with CBMM’s marketing and communications strategy
- Align the Marketing & Communication department’s budget to strategic goals. Provide support to Finance in creating projections of current and future marketing funding needs. Provide periodic updates on spending and use analytics to show return on investment and help guide future purchases.
- Align staff around CBMM’s mission and strategic direction and give staff the tools to facilitate their communications with colleagues, counterparts, and beneficiaries
- Ensure brand integration across all parts of the organization and formulate tactics to empower stakeholders with communications skills and tools to advance CBMM’s mission and relevance
- Create, refine, and direct use of CBMM’s branded media including but not limited to all collateral, advertisements, signage, logo-merchandise, and special events
- Manage and maintain CBMM’s online presence including all CBMM websites, exhibitions, virtual memberships, and programming.
- Define and manage all contracted marketing projects and vendors, including creating requests for proposals (RFPs), evaluating, and selecting vendors, and managing contracted services through completion.
Salary is commensurate with experience, $58,000-$71,000 annually
Please review the full job description here. Interested candidates please forward a resume and cover letter to HR@CBMM.org.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org